Monday, July 18, 2011

My Favorite Things

Bug night noises in the summer (this might only make sense to people who don't live in the city)

7-up cake!!!

Yoga (to counteract the cake)

My dog (And my mom.  And Christmas!)

This photo



This is a photo of my grandmother's (Flossy's) mother.  Everyone called her Dolly because she was born premature and when she was a baby she was, apparently, the size of a doll.  And here she is holding two dead pheasants.  

Now, I can't tell you why she's holding two dead pheasants, but I like to think that she's the one who shot them since she looks so happy about them.  I wouldn't be too happy about holding two dead birds that someone else killed.  And since we're related I can reliably say that Dolly felt the same way.  

I think this photo explains a lot about my family.  



1 comment:

  1. 7up cake sounds interesting! Might have to try that one. Love the picture of your great grandma. I would agree with your interpretation that she is smiling because she shot the birds :)

    ReplyDelete